Oxford is a community that is defined by welcoming neighborhoods and a sense of individual belonging; Where all citizens are safe and secure and have equal access to services and amenities, including plentiful recreational and cultural activities; That embraces the heritage and natural beauty of the region and is colorful, clean and beautiful in every season; That has a strong and diverse economy that takes advantage of its strategic location; Where all elements of the community work together cooperatively to maintain and build a high quality of life for all residents.
The town also have many assets which benefit residents and employers:
• Central location/easy access to the Trans Canada Highway
• Major employer provides stable jobs
• Recreational facilities/rivers for fishing
• New, safe water supply
• Strong volunteer base & community organizations
• Unlike most Municipalities, Oxford does not have a deed transfer tax
• Seen as a safe, friendly community
• Strong community brand "Wild Blueberry Capital of Canada"
• New School - Oxford Regional Education Centre - Grades P - 12 - started January, 2010
• Culture - Capital Theatre
•Home of the Cumberland County Exhibition