Oxford is a community that is defined by welcoming neighborhoods and a sense of individual belonging where all citizens are safe and secure and have equal access to services and amenities, including plentiful recreational and cultural activities. Oxford embraces the heritage and natural beauty of the region and is colourful, clean and beautiful in every season. It has a strong and diverse economy that takes advantage of its strategic location where all elements of the community work together cooperatively to maintain and build a high quality of life for all residents.
The town also have many assets which benefit residents and employers:
• Central location/easy access to the Trans Canada Highway
• Major employer provides stable jobs
• Recreational facilities/rivers for fishing/trails
• New, safe water supply
• Strong volunteer base & community organizations
• Seen as a safe, friendly community
• Strong community brand "Wild Blueberry Capital of Canada"
• Relatively new School - Oxford Regional Education Centre - Grades P - 12
• Culture - Oxford Capitol Theatre, Oxford Riverside Gallery
•Home of the Cumberland County Exhibition